Monday, March 3, 2008

God Moment

This past week i had a God moment, i have a 35 minute drive to school everyday and i spend that time praying, talking and listening to God, and turning on my radar. As i was praying one morining for those who are sick and need healing in their body i prayed this way and i have prayed this way for a while now and i asked God, To heal these people and to SHOW HIS GLORY."

After i said the lord spoke to my heart and said, "Do i need to heal these people to show my glory?" I was speechless, i didn't know what to say. I just kept driving down the road in silence thinking about that statement. All day i ponder that thought about what the Lord spoke to me and then i relized, no God doesn't need to heal them to show his glory, don't get me wrong, God can heal people and is still in the healing business today.

But the point i'm getting too is this, if we just look around creation itself revels God's glory, those people i was praying for, if they look back over their life and see what God has done for them, his glory is written in and thru their life, when i think back over the past eight years of my christian walk i can count many times God has showed me his glory in and thru my life.

So God, sorry it took me so long to answer your question, but no you don't have to heal them to show your glory, although i know you can and will heal them, everyday of my life you reveal your glory to me by waking me up in the morining, with the car i have to drive places, the job i have, the ability to see, hear, think, and every wonderful thing you have done for me. And to those i was praying for their loved ones standing there by there side, they have seen God's glory already at one point in their life so he doesn't have to heal them to show his glory he already has.

1 comment:

God is Faithful! said...

I think sometimes we fail to realize just WHO He is! He has been faithful to us! Thanks for sharing the story!
~Peggy Clements