Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day



Today is father's day as we all know, its day we celebrate and say thank you to all the dad's in the world, i just wish i had one more chance to tell my dad thank you. As some you know my father passed away November 9, 1996. Father's day has always been a hard holiday for me to get thru. I didnt spend much time with my father even though he made all the time in the world for me and my brother. My mother and father were divorced when i was a young boy so we saw my father on weekends. My father worked two jobs and did everything he could to make me and my brother happy, what did i do in return nothing, not a thank you, i love you or anything. I just wanted to go to his house to hang with friends. I've always wanted to go back and take just one day to tell my father how much he meant to me, how much i love him. But i know i cant. But i know one day when i cross over into glory the first person i will see standing at those pearly white gates with arms open wide will be my daddy and i will get to see him again one day and tell just truley how much he meant to me and that i love him. Till then i just gotta keep living my life for God. So i say today if your father is still alive do everythin you can to tell him how much you love him, how much you appreciate him, how much he means to you. Give him a big special hug today, cause you never know when one day he will never be around.

No comments: