Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I'm Back




Well, i'm back from kids camp, what blast it was to work in camp. It was a awesome time and i had alot of fun with the kids. Here is notes from my journel that i kept:

Friday June 8: I got to camp and helped finish setting everything up. Later that night me, gary, and andrew went coon hunting, yea were kinda redneck. The bus was in the ball field and we were told it wasnt running right. So we hoped on the bus hoping to solve the problem when we saw alot of buttons we couldnt resist and had to push. The red lights started flashing and would not shut off, finally we had to disconnet the battery for the lights to go off. We fixed the problem with the bus and it was running good. Best part i got to drive it around the ball field, never drove a bus before in my life. I did really good expect for the volleyball poles i ran into it. Oh yea, we never got any coons.
Saturday June 9: Kids arrived at camp, boy there was alot of them 56 total. It was a wild day, but with alot of fun. It was hard getting the kids to go to sleep, last time i check my clock it was 2:45 and they were still up running around. I could use some of that energy. Best part of the whole day was at night service, i lead a group of kids in the lords prayer of salvation. It was all i could do to keep from crying has i held a couple of them in my arms. God bless the little kids.
Sunday June 10: The day was filled with lots of fun stuff. During staff down time me, andrew, and josh went riding on the fourwheelers, you didnt know i could drive a fourwheeler, sometimes at 30 mph. We hit hills on the ball field and had the fourwheelers off the ground, i just about had to change my pants a couple of times. During the night service i was part of a human video which was awesome.
Monday June 10: We took the kids swimming, there was a crazy lady there walking around so we had to call the cops. She was a little bit strange to say the least. On the way back since we took my car cause the bus couldnt hold all the kids me, josh, and the three kids in my car made a pit stop by taco bell, at last real food. I let the kids stay up as late at the wanted too, not a smart thing as i didnt get any sleep at all.

Kids camp was a wonderful time full of joy and happiness. I look forward to next year and working in camp.

No comments: