Tuesday, August 14, 2007

NEVER GIVE UP ON SOMEBODY OR SOMEBODIES

Its been a while since i last posted in my blog. I have found that its hard to find something to write or post something on a daily basis in a blog. I was thinking today at work and you know ever since i began youth ministry work 5yrs ago, the one thing i always told myself was to never give up on somebody, somebodies, or a group of students and i've stuck true to that promise to this day and never backed down from it. I will never and i mean never give up on a youth or a youth group. I will always fight to the very end to rescue them. Was there times i could have given up, oh absoultely, but i didnt no matter how mad i got, how angry the group or the student made me, when i was disappointed in them, or when we disagreed on something. I could read a list of names of students and youth groups i didnt give up on and how great God has blessed their life, i actually saw alot of students this year at camp that ive been praying for to come home to jesus and get things right with God and they did that at the alter. What am i trying to say, no matter if they dont pay attention cause believe me sometimes they wont, if all they want to do is talk and goof off, they will from time to time, if they want to run from the truth and try to hide, believe me they will run their pretty little chicken legs off at times, you stand right there beside them thru it all, thru the good times and the bad with arms wide open ready to take them back and with a shoulder for them to cry on. Don't let anybody, any church, or anything tell you otherwise or try to convince you your wasting your time, they will never get it, they will never understand. Today i pray you never give up on somebody, somebodies, or a youth group cause you never know when they may turn into a TEAM 180.

No comments: